Wednesday, June 26, 2013

DIY Statement Sunglasses - MotherCrafter

Hey Everyone, today we are so excited to have our newest contributor join us! Vanina from MotherCrafter is here to share a cool diy! 
Please join us in welcoming her to the team...

DIY Sunglasses- Mother Crafter copy

Last month, May 25th to be more exact, was MC second birthday! Two years already! This blog means a lot to me, and I am so happy you are all enjoying it with me. What started as a creative outlet as I was transitioning to become a Stay at Home Mother, is now a wonderful medium to share creativity, inspire others and meet other creative minds all over the world. 

To celebrate our 2nd birthday, I am sharing a mini tutorial to make your own statement sunglasses. Have you seen them? They were on all the Spring runways, and they have become a must for Spring/Summer. I went to Bottle Rock music festival last month and saw so many of them! I love 'em. They are fun to wear, make people smile at you, AND turn you trendy. You can't go wrong with any of that.

statement glasses



To make your own you will need a pair of sunglasses, glue and embellishments like beads, pearls and/or resin flowers. Thick or cat eye frames will work best (I got mine at Target), and I used resin flowers in different colors that I got a while back at The Plaid Barn. Glue them to the frames in a pattern you like at the corners.

MotherCrafterDIY Sunglasses and Giveaway
Mother-Crafter-DIY-Sunglasses
Mother_Crafter DIY-Sunglasses-Giveaway

BOOSH! They are done. Now wear them and go and make people smile! 

DIY Sunglasses copy

You can find me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest


5 comments:

  1. I love it, I so badly have to do a pair, I have been blinging some things out lately but I didn't think of glasses. Thanks for sharing it with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool shades! Thank you for a fun idea! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun sun glasses!! I may be dating myself, but I can't help think: Elton John. Love the new trend, thanks for sharing Vanina!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so fun! I'm thinking of doing this at my family reunion as an activity/craft!

    ReplyDelete