Thursday, May 30, 2013

Spring Watches

Hi everyone,

Mel from Mellywoods Mansion and today I thought with Spring in full bloom, I would share my spring time watch. So super easy no tools required. I made these with my 11 year old.

Here are our Full Bloom Watches.



Supplies:
Artificial Flowers
Watch face
E6000 Glue
Hot Glue
Glitter Elastic
Felt




First we measured our wrists and hot glued the elastic.



Then we pulled the green plastic stem off and removed the rhinestone middle.



We glued the flower back together, and using the E6000, glued the watch face to the center of the flower, the watch faces were just over a dollar each from ebay.In fact the whole watch cost around $2.50 to make, and if you want to change the batteries it peels off.



Then we glued the felt to the bottom of the flower and took a second piece of felt and sandwiched the elastic with hot glue between the two felt circles. The we just trimmed the felt so it was a little neater.



Here are our Spring Flower watches in Full Bloom.






Aren't they pretty and just so simple, it's like a corsage but with a watch.

Elizabeth, my 11 year old, loves crafting and jewelry. Something as easy as this makes for a fun craft session.

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

8 comments:

  1. These are so cute Mel. I love the blue one best only cos its my fav colour!!! I love an easy pretty tutorial and even better when Elizabeth can craft with you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember these Mel and I loved them! So fun! Hey that red and white one kind of matches your new craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel, I love these!!! I want to make them for my Oldest as she's been talking about getting a watch. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these spring watches, Mel! So sweet and fun, just like you :) The blue one is my favorite! Great share at the Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty! I especially like the butterfly ones! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so adorable, and they most definitely have that Mansion touch!! I'll bet your daughter loved making this one:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever idea! Those are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete