Thursday, January 24, 2013

Boot Liners with A Few Miner Adjustments

One Sweater...Three Different Projects

{Part 3}

Sometimes a sweater is more than a sweater.  It is warmth for your hands, a head rest after a long day, and something stylish for your boots.  I knew this sweater had to go.  It wasn't for me anymore. So I made a few Miner adjustments to it. If you are curious about the first 2 projects that I did, you can find them here and here.



So after doing the first projects what is left of this sweater?  Not much...just the arms and neck. I looked at the neck and said "What the heck can I make out of this?" A big fat nothin'.  So I tossed it.



The arms are another story though.  A love story, if you will. At first, I put them on like leg warmers.  Unfortunately, the wrist end of the arm was up by my knee and it was too tight. Ouch! Picture this. I am walking down the hall at school with a group of students when all of a sudden the circulation in my leg cuts off and I go down like a sack of potatoes.  Not pretty. So I went in a different direction...literally. I turned them around and made boot liners. The stores sell them for high rubber boots and they range in price from about $9.99 - $24.99. There is no foot in these though, so I will still have to wear socks. But I my legs have been oh, so toasty this winter.{LOVE} How did I do it? Here are 3 easy steps.



And there you have it...boot liners!



One sweater that I didn't like turned into three {useful} creations that I love... Mittens for my hands. A pillow for my head. And boot liners for my legs. What would you make from an old sweater?

{Trina}

PS....A big, fat THANK YOU the crew at Inspiration Cafe for hosting me today! I had a blast and hope to be back again!

10 comments:

  1. So cute! I don't have any cute boots...but I've got a sweater just waiting for a project! Checking out your other sweater projects. Thank you for guest posting here at the Inspiration Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me, Danni! I will be back.

      Delete
  2. Great idea. My girls love boot socks and they're not cheap. I have some sweater arms leftover from my last project. Thanks so much for the inspiration! Going over to your blog now for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry! Thanks for visiting. I have to say these keep my legs really warm!

      Delete
  3. I need some new boots just for this cute project!! So happy you posted at the Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thank you! TJ Maxx is where I found those boots. They are Italian leather if you can believe it and inside there is leopard print...love!

      Delete
  4. Those are soooo cute!!!! So happy to have you here Trina - please come by again very soon xx Nat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Trina,

    What a great post and tip! I need to go through all my old sweaters...then I need to head to the store for some cute boots! ;)

    Thank you so much for such a great share at the Cafe! It was so fun to have you here!

    I hope you are having a great weekend!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mary! Thank you! This was fun. I would love to post again. Need to get my motivation flowing again! Ha!

      Delete